Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School

How does Summer go by so quickly?  Here we are already back to school week at the end of  Summer as we transition into Fall I found some items that are fast becoming (or became) trends during the last season.  I will critique three trends.

The first is this polka-dot laptop case in red and navy by Marc Jacobs.  I just love it, I think Marc is spot-on in this design with it's fun, chic style.  With the classic antiqued hardware, it's just too cool!  His price is reasonably within range and I could just envision the whole ensemble outfit with a pair of  tailored wide leg pants, a silk blouse, pumps and a decorative bracelet to tie in the look.  Adorable!   My only critique would be if  there is a finish to waterproof  the nylon fabric from getting wet in the rain?  I mean if someone is going to have a laptop in this case you have to protect it and all your files from dreaded water damage.  It is lined and hopefully they took into consideration to make a lining completely water proof.


MARC BY MARC JACOBS
Pretty Polka-Dot Print Nylon Medium Laptop Sleeve
PRICE: $78.00
Protect your laptop in chic style with this printed nylon computer case from MARC BY MARC JACOBS.
  • Two-way top-zip closure, antiqued brass hardware
  • Finished with a front logo plaque
  • Lined. Nylon. Imported
  • 14.5"W x 10.5"H x 0.75"D
  • Web ID: 487077
Next we have Michael Kors oversized watch for women.  I have seen this watch on women in white for Summer and now the color is perfectly transitioned into Fall in brown.  This watch is rich in it's presentation and oozess the word luxe!  It is masculine yet feminine at the same time,  it has a resin link band and crystal markers on the face.  Somehow, if Amelia Earhart were out flying I could easily see her sporting this watch.  It's a bit pricey for myself  and not my style yet  I can see a lot of women wearing this watch in the months to come.
Michael Kors Watches Tortoise Jet Set Sport Watch

Michael Kors Watches

Tortoise Jet Set Sport Watch

Style #:MKWAT20009
$195.00
select size: One Size
One Size
select color: Tortoise
Tortoise
The last trend is the Cartersville Leather Jacket. I think it's great, I love the draped collar in particular and the asymmetrical hemline.  It is fully lined and fabricated with distressed leather.  That is leather which is dyed to give the appearance of an artificially aged and worn appearance which resemble the natural characteristics of the real hide for a positive effect.  This is priced about what I would expect for a true leather jacket. It comes in Taupe or Black.  If the price is a bit too steep and you have a problem with wearing real leather then there is the increasingly popular, Plether, or "plastic leather".  It's cost is probably a third less of leather, it is versatile and easy to clean and animal friendly.  Plether is going to be everywhere this Fall in many styles and many colors. The budget is probably not going to include this gorgeous jacket below but a knockoff for most consumers will.  As for me, this jacket might not make it into my wardrobe this season but I still want it just the same.
like it

BB Dakota

Cartersville Leather Jacket

Style #:BBDAK20121
$238.00
select size: please select a size
S M L
select color: please select a color
Taupe Black
Courtesy of  Study In Style, THE ZOE REPORT, September 2, 2010 There you have it the connecting thread.  I seem to feel the connection in this blog is style mixed with durability.  Toughness is the theme to me whether it's a water resistant watch that sparkles, a polka dotted nylon laptop case with antique brass or a distressed leather jacket showing its blemishes.  I mean America has been through a lot lately  namely the economy and wondering just when we are going to get through this recession.  These designers prove they are still at the top of their game showing consumers they are as tough as the climate will dictate.  They know they are competing for hard earned dollars and with each of these products are the beautiful styling details, the craftsmanship, the color choices and the competitive price.  They just beckon to be purchased.

2 comments:

  1. I like your fashion picks. The polka dots are darling and I love the Michael Kors watch. Lots of celebs can be spotted sporting the oversized watches. Very trendy. Look forward to reading your future blogs! ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurel, I love polka dots too and they are a little retro now of the 60's look. Michael Kors is probably so happy that his watch is a hit. There is nothing like validation for a designer for the public to like your design and he did a beautiful job. Kudos to Michael Kors!

    ReplyDelete